Thank you for requesting further information on our range of log cabins and outdoor living products, we look forward to helping you achieve your dream outdoor living space.
We are delighted to have been appointed the Isle of Mans retailer and installers for the quality range of log cabins from Lugarde and Woodpro, together with our range of composite maintenance free decking, fence panels and cladding to make your garden an all year round living space!
We want to make the buying process as easy and stress-free as possible. To begin this process, we recommend that you take the time to have a look at our manufacturer’s websites on the links below. Lugarde is our premier range of cabins and offers different construction methods together with more specification options. Please note that prices listed on the following websites are MRP supply only to UK mainland. Therefore, we need to add shipping and delivery to the Isle of Man, plus any construction/erection work.
Log cabins offer exceptional value for money when compared to constructing an extension to your property or the creation of a detached traditional built outbuilding. As a guide, if you were to build an extension or outbuilding using traditional construction methods you can expect to pay in the region of £2000 per square metre. With a log cabin, this build amount per square metre can be reduced to up to 75%!
Our log cabins are fully customisable. We offer a full turnkey solution meaning we undertake everything to do with creating your new outdoor living space.
Do I need planning permission?
Depending on the size of your log cabin you may need planning permission which we will manage and arrange.
However, if you can meet the following conditions under the permitted development order, we will be able to supply and install your cabin without the need to obtain planning permission.
Isle of Man Government Town and Country Planning (Permitted Development) Order 2012
OPERATIONS WITHIN THE CURTILAGE OF A DWELLINGHOUSE Section A —General Conditions
(1) No part of the development may be constructed within 9 metres (measured at ground level) of the route of any overhead electrical line carrying 11kv or more (High Tension power cable);
(2) No part of the development may be constructed within 9.1 metres of the bank of any river designated as a Main River under the Land Drainage Acts;
(3) The construction (including foundations) must not involve the felling, lopping or limbing of any tree (other than a tree referred to in section 3(3) of the Tree Preservation Act 199315) or interfere with the root system of any such tree.
Class 15 Garden sheds and summerhouses
The erection of one or more garden sheds or summerhouses within the curtilage of a dwelling house. Conditions:
(a) the general conditions applicable to Section A; (
- b) the height of the garden shed, or summerhouse must not exceed 2.8 metres above ground level; (c) the area of ground covered by the garden shed or summer-house must not cumulatively exceed 15 square metres in total; and
(d) no part of the garden shed, or summerhouse may be nearer to any highway which bounds the curtilage of the dwelling house than — (i) that part of the dwelling house nearest to that highway, or (ii) 20 metres, whichever is the nearer.
Class 17 Private garages and car ports
The erection of a private garage or car port within the curtilage of a dwelling house.
(a) the general conditions applicable to Section A;
(b) there must only be one private garage or car port within the curtilage of the dwellinghouse;
(c) the eaves level must be no higher than 2.9 metres.
(d) the roof pitch must match that of the main dwellinghouse;
(e) the maximum width must not exceed 6 metres;
(f) the maximum length must not exceed 6 metres;
(g) no part of the garage or car port may project beyond the forwardmost part of the dwelling which fronts onto a highway;
(h) every part of the garage or car port must be a minimum of 6 metres from a highway including a rear or side lane; SCHEDULE 1 Town and Country Planning (Permitted Development) Order 2012 Page 18 SD No. 0254/2012 c
(i) no part of the garage or car port may be within 1 metre of the boundary of the dwellinghouse; and
(j) if detached, the garage or car port must not be used for general living or sleeping purposes.
- To begin with we will assess your completed form and photographs against the budget specified.
- We will then provide some feedback and/or an estimate.
- If this estimate is favourable, we will then ask for an initial deposit of £495 (which goes towards your project) so that we can then schedule a survey, commence design work, produce visuals and a specification so that you can understand how your space will look and work.
- Once this is agreed and signed off, we will issue an invoice for the deposit which once settled we shall place all orders with our suppliers.
- A few days after, once our suppliers have issued us with delivery dates, we will confirm the proposed dates of work with you.
What Customers Are Saying
“Jonathan and the team were extremely helpful from beginning to end with our customized log cabin. The final product is incredible and the follow up service and customer care has been outstanding. We would fully recommend anyone using Isle of Man Log Cabins to meet their log cabin needs“
“Absolutely fantastic cabin easy to erect we didn’t quite know what to expect and have been thrilled by the end product best kit on the market thank you Jonathan my wife loves the space its provided at a great price too.
Best wishes Robert and Charlotte xxx“